The New Session of the National Assembly Began
Traditionally, the first session of the National Assembly was opened with the Bulgarian and EU anthems. Parliamentary groups are due to come up with declarations for the new political season.
National Assembly President Tsveta Karayancheva wished the MPs a full and effective parliamentary activity, which is part of the efforts to ensure the prosperity of the country and its citizens.
Karayancheva said that this year there will be European and local elections and this implies political talk and party opposition. But it is up to us to turn the vote into not an adversary, but a challenging sporting competition with clear and strong political messages, she said. Karayancheva noted that this year will be celebrated 140 years since the Constituent National Assembly and the adoption of the Tarnovo Constitution.
Parliamentary control is expected to begin at 11.00.
- » Sofia will have an Urban Environment Ordinance
- » The Apartment Buildings in Sofia may have their own Recycling Bins
- » The First Wave of Layoffs in the Bulgarian State Administration Covers 1,600 People, Whole Units will be Closed
- » Bulgaria Repatriates 894 illegal Immigrants in 2018
- » Bulgarian Court Fails to Proceed with Case Against Two Former Ministers and Influential Businessman
- » Deputies Adopted the Social Services Act at First Reading