Three British Clubs Interested in Emerging Bulgarian Football Star Despodov
Elite Welsh Cardiff City and the teams from Championship Aston Villa and Middlesbrough have a serious interest in CSKA Sofia striker Kiril Despodov, the local press reports. According to the information, the clubs will try to attract the £ 5 million rated 22-year-old Bulgarian national in the January transfer window.
Cardiff City struggles to survive in the Premier League while Aston Villa and Middlesbrough strive for promotion and return to the elite. Despodov has 10 goals and 11 assists in 22 matches of CSKA Sofia in the autumn. He also scored for the first time with the national jersey in the 2:1 victory over Cyprus in Sofia in the League of Nations in October.
The striker has been followed by a number of clubs, including PSV Eindhoven, Anderlecht, Olympiakos, Dinamo Kiev and Moscow CSKA and Spartak, and CSKA Sofia's consultant Lupko Petrovic told "Theme Sport" in view of the likelihood of Despadov remaining on Bulgarian army "and in the spring is minimal.
- » Tiafoe Comes of Age with Win over Dimitrov
- » Grigor Dimitrov For the Fifth Time in Melbourne Last Round
- » Grigor Dimitrov Fights to Come Through in Four Sets Against Pablo Cuevas
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the 2nd Round of the Australian Open
- » Club from the Premier League and Two from the Championship want Bulgarian Footballer of the Year
- » Novak Djokovic Will Arrive in Bulgaria For Sofia Open 2019