Road Traffic in West and South Bulgaria Complicated Due to the Snowfall
Code orange weather alert is in effect for 5 districts of Bulgaria for 10th of January, reported the Bulgarian National Television. Road traffic situation is complicated due to heavy snowfall in West and South Bulgaria.
Roads are being cleared and sanded. Traffic is temporarily restricted at the time of snow ploughing.
Vehicles are required to use chains, especially in the region of the Rhodope Mountains (South Bulgaria). Shipka pass and the Pass of the Republic are passable in winter conditions.
There is a power outage in a village in Kardzhali, South Bulgaria, due to the heavy snowfall.
More than 160 snow ploughing machines are operating in the capital city of Sofia.
Companies servicing the region of Vazrazhdane in Sofia will be fined, because they did not clean the snow from the public transport stops in the morning.
- » Bulgaria is Part of the 8 Countries Where a New Supercomputer will be Installed
- » Bulgarian Trade Unions and Employers Against Reduction of VAT on Flour and Medicines
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Adopted the Annual Report of the Council for Disaster Risk Reduction
- » 28 New Electric Cars BMW and Hyundai Will be Launched in Sofia
- » Sofia Municipality is Preparing a Program For Improvement of the Air by 2026 with EU Funds
- » From BGN 500 to BGN 12 000 Fine For Outdoor Noise After 23:00