NIMH: Code Orange for Heavy Precipitations in 5 Regions in Bulgaria, Yellow in 12 Regions
A code orange warning for heavy precipitations has been issued for Smolyan, Kardzhali, Haskovo, Yambol and Burgas, a yellow alert is in place for 12 regions, according to the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology’s (NIMH) website. Precipitations of 35-50 l/sq m are expected in the first five regions, snowfall in Smolyan. A code yellow warning for snowfall is in place for Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Sofia city, Sofia region, Pernik, about 10 cm, in the mountain areas – 15-20 cm.
An alert for rain has been issued for Kyustendil, Blagoevgrad, Sliven, Varna and Dobrich, with 25-35 l/sq m.
A code orange warning for strong wind is in place for the Black Sea coast. Strong to stormy wind from south-southeast, gusts up to 20 m/s.
- » Clear Sky until Noon, some Clouds later Today in East Bulgaria, Highs Between 14-19°C
- » Cloudy Skies with Rain this Afternoon in some Regions of Bulgaria
- » Earthquake Measuring 4.9 Shakes France
- » The Astronomical Spring is Coming
- » Spring Cleaning Campaign in Sofia Begins
- » Sunshine until Noon, Rain Showers later on in some Places in South Bulgaria