NIMH: Code Orange for Heavy Precipitations in 5 Regions in Bulgaria, Yellow in 12 Regions
A code orange warning for heavy precipitations has been issued for Smolyan, Kardzhali, Haskovo, Yambol and Burgas, a yellow alert is in place for 12 regions, according to the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology’s (NIMH) website. Precipitations of 35-50 l/sq m are expected in the first five regions, snowfall in Smolyan. A code yellow warning for snowfall is in place for Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Sofia city, Sofia region, Pernik, about 10 cm, in the mountain areas – 15-20 cm.
An alert for rain has been issued for Kyustendil, Blagoevgrad, Sliven, Varna and Dobrich, with 25-35 l/sq m.
A code orange warning for strong wind is in place for the Black Sea coast. Strong to stormy wind from south-southeast, gusts up to 20 m/s.
- » The Air in Sofia was Cleaner in 2018 Compared to 2017
- » Bulgarian MRS: There is still Danger of Avalanches
- » Cloudy Weather Today Across the Country, Slight Chance For Rain
- » Air Pollution Registered in 7 Bulgarian Cities
- » Citizens of Nine Bulgarian Cities are Breathing Dirty Air
- » Weather in Bulgaria will Stay mostly Cloudy and in Some Places with Slight Rain and Snow