Government Will Give an Opinion on the Choice of New Fighters For the Army
Today, the Cabinet is expected to review the commission's report assessing the bids for the new fighter aircraft, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
According to the report, most of the votes are for the US new F-16s. Thus, they displace the offers of Sweden and Italy for Gripen and Eurofighter aircraft.
Defense Minister Krasimir Karakachanov has already said that Bulgaria will push the US to reduce the fighter price.
The budget for the modernization of our aviation is BGN 1.8 billion. After the cabinet gives its opinion, the parliament will have the last word.
- » Bulgarian Defence Committee Approved Negotiating Mandate for Acquiring F-16 Aircrafts
- » Bulgaria’s Government Assures the Procedure for the Acquisition of a New Type of Fighter is Transparent
- » Bulgaria Decides to Start Talks with US on F-16 jet Deal
- » Bulgarian Armed Forces Solemnly Marked the Beginning of the New Military Training Period
- » Busiest British Airports Purchase Anti-Drone Systems
- » Smart Cameras will Protect Smaller Towns in Bulgaria