New Specialized Vans for Transportation of People with Disabilities will be on the Streets of Sofia
Seven new specialized vans for transportation of people with disabilities will be on the streets of Sofia today. The machines were presented at a special ceremony in the presence of Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
The use of this transport service can be done by pre-ordering at the Transport Services Department at the Transport Directorate of Sofia Municipality. The opening hours of the service are from 6.00 am to 23.00 pm.
The municipality calculations show that this service benefits on average more than 640 people per month.
At the end of last year, Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova announced that modern urban transport is one of the main priorities of the Sofia Municipality's work in 2019. In this connection, the average age of all buses in the fleet is expected to be 6 years this year, which means new acquisitions.
162 are natural gas buses that will be introduced by the end of the year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » On June 1: Traveling by Train in Bulgaria will be Free for Children
- » Bulgaria: Health Minister to drop the Mandatory Isolation and Quarantine for People Sick with COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: New Rules for Electric Scooters in Sofia - Fines up to 25 EUR
- » Bulgarian author and “Booker” winner Georgi Gospodinov will be a guest at the Sofia Book Fair
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 100 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: More Sun and Less Rain on the Last Day of May