Somalia Orders Top UN Envoy to Leave
Somalia's government has ordered the UN top envoy to the troubled country to leave, accusing him of "deliberately interfering with the country's sovereignty", AFP reported.
The order comes days after the official, Nicholas Haysom, raised concerns at the action of Somalia's UN-backed security services in recent violence that left several people dead.
"The Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for Somalia, Nicholas Haysom, is no longer welcome in Somalia and cannot operate in the country," the foreign ministry said in a statement late Tuesday.
- » 15 Killed in Ongoing Islamist Attack on Kenya Hotel Complex
- » Macedonia Step Toward Joining NATO
- » MATERA, EUROPEAN CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2019
- » Presidents of EU Parliament and Commission Show Their Support for Romania’s Accession to Schengen Area
- » U.N. Says Reached 9.5 Million with Food in Yemen Last Month
- » Greek Defence Minister Announces Resignation Ahead of Macedonia Vote