New 100-lev Banknote Enters Circulation Today
A new banknote with a nominal value of BGN 100 / about 51 € / from 2018 is in circulation today, reported the Bulgarian National Radio.
It will be valid along with the old one, which was issued back in 2003. The Bulgarian National Bank reported that the release of the new series is necessary for raising security.
This is actually the start of printing new Bulgarian banknotes of all values. New banknotes with modern security features of 50, 20, 10 and 5 levs will also enter circulation within the next three years.
- » Commercial Banks in Bulgaria Have 5 Days to Decide on Payment Moratoria
- » Bulgaria’s Government Proposes Budget Update, Increase in Debt Ceiling
- » World Bank: The Poor Countries Will Take the Hardest Hit
- » IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva: The Recession will be at Least as Bad as in 2008
- » IIB Successfully Registers its First ever Medium Term Notes (MTN) Programme on Dublin Stock Exchange
- » Bulgaria, Cryptocurrency and the Law