Serbia, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania To Jointly Bid For Hosting Euro-2028 Or World Cup-2030
Serbia, Greece, Bulgaria and Romania will create a joint organizing committee to apply for hosting the European FootballChampionship in 2028 or the World Cup in 2030, Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic said Saturday.
Earlier in the day, Belgrade hosted a meeting between the prime ministers of Greece, Romania, Bulgaria and the Serbian president.
The delegations also included heads of national football associations and sports ministers.
"Today we decided to form an initiative organizing committee consisting of 16 people, with four people from each country, and expressed our hope that through it, our countries will submit a joint bid to become hosts of Euro-2028 or World Cup-2030," Vucic told reporters.
He specified that all necessary documents were to be submitted by December 2021, and the decision on the tournaments' host was expected in July 2022.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Fights to Come Through in Four Sets Against Pablo Cuevas
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the 2nd Round of the Australian Open
- » Club from the Premier League and Two from the Championship want Bulgarian Footballer of the Year
- » Three British Clubs Interested in Emerging Bulgarian Football Star Despodov
- » Novak Djokovic Will Arrive in Bulgaria For Sofia Open 2019
- » FIVB Confirmed! Brazil Standing on the Way of Bulgaria for Tokyo 2020