Number of Students Decreases, Bulgarian Universities Increase Research
The number of students decreases, graduates get on better, scientific activity of Bulgarian universities increases, said Georgi Stoychev, representative of the consortium contracted for the national university ranking system, Focus News Agency reports. At a press conference about the eighth edition of the ranking, he said the decrease in the number of students for the last 5 years is 15%, and in certain specialties such as economy and administration – over 30%. Despite the overall decrease, in other specialties, medicine and related, there is a strong increase, Stoychev noted. “Over the last 5 years we have seen another positive trend. The scientific output of Bulgarian universities is clearly increasing, in terms of amount, quality and impact,” he said. For another year the indicators of success after graduation improve. “This is a lasting trend that has continued for over 6 years. Unemployment among young graduates who graduated over the last 5 years is 2.4% in 2018. This is a substantial reduction. In 2013 it exceeded 4%. At present unemployment in any professional field in Bulgaria does not exceed 4%,” Stoychev said.
- » 8 Out of 10 Students in Sofia Are Subject to Aggression
- » Bulgarian President Honours Bulgarian Scientists with "John Atanasoff" Award
- » The Teacher Salary to Become BGN 1750?
- » How to Secure a Job After Graduation
- » Teachers who Enrol in Motivated Teachers National Programme Will Be Stimulated with BGN 500 Salary Increase
- » 15% of Bulgarian Students Choose to Continue their Education at Foreign Universities