12% of Bulgarian Citizens Plan to Go on a Mountain Holiday this Winter, Survey
A little over 10% of Bulgarians prefer to go to the mountains for their vacation, reported bTV.
Over 650,000 Bulgarians or 12% plan to go on a mountain holiday this winter and appreciate the conditions in the Bulgarian resorts as good.
Just 12% are those Bulgarians who say they can practice winter sports.
79% of respondents do not plan to choose this way to take some rest during the Christmas holiday.
Almost every tenth declare that he has not yet decided.
Lack of money is the main reason why Bulgarians do not go on vacation in winter - 69%. 3% do not intend to rest this winter. Among other reasons, they are health, family reasons.
From winter resorts Bansko is most popular, followed by Borovets and Pamporovo. The mountain above the capital - Vitosha is on the eighth place in the ranking.
- » Varna has Lost over 51% of Tourists' Interest over the Course of 10 Years According to Lonely Planet
- » BDZ Provides Over 19 000 Additional Seats in the Trains For the Holidays
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: BGN 8.4 Billion are the Revenues from Tourism in 2018
- » Number of Foreign Tourists in Sofia Has Increased By 82% Between 2008 and 2018
- » Bulgaria was Top Tourist Destination for Greeks in 2018
- » 10% Decline in Early Bookings For the Southern Black Sea Coast