Turkey May Start New Syria Operation at Any Moment, Erdogan Says
Turkey may start a new military operation in Syria at any moment, President Tayyip Erdogan said on Monday, adding that U.S. President Donald Trump had given a positive response to Turkey’s plans for an operation east of the Euphrates, writes Reuters.
Erdogan made the comments during a speech in the central province of Konya. Last week he said Turkish forces would launch a new cross-border operation against the Syrian Kurdish YPG militia, considered a terrorist organization by Ankara, to the east of the Euphrates river in northern Syria.
- » Turkey Will not Give up on Drilling Near Cyprus, Despite EU Sanctions
- » Erdogan: C-400 Systems will be Fully Installed in Turkey in April 2020
- » Kosovo will not Participate in the Southeast European Summit
- » Angela Merkel: We Are Firmly Behind the European Perspective For the Western Balkans
- » Turkey is Again the Country with the Most Refugees in the World
- » The Supreme Electoral Council: Ekrem Imamoglu is the New Mayor of Istanbul