Protest in Varna after Court Sentence
People in Varna will protest under the slogan March for Life 2 after the court sentenced the driver who killed ballet dancer Martin Chikalov to six years in prison. The protest is organised through social media at 6.30 pm. They will demand a longer sentence for the driver who caused the death of the 38-year-old ballet dancer of the Varna Opera, as well as legal changes and the elimination of fast-track prosecution in cases with aggravating circumstances.
After admitting his guilt, the 25-year-old driver, Petar Zdravkov, was sentenced at first instance in a fast-track trial. He got a 9-year prison sentence, but later the sentence was reduced to 6 years. After the fatal accident on September 10, dozens of Varna citizens protested under the slogan March for Life, demanding a fair punishment and more security for pedestrians and cyclists.
- » Spring Cleaning Campaign in Sofia Begins
- » 146 000 Are the Working Pensioners in Bulgaria
- » The Number of Surgeries in Bulgaria is Growing
- » 41% of Bulgarians do not Trust NATO
- » Bulgarian Climber Atanas Skatov will Try to Climb Seventh Peak over 8000m
- » Survey: Almost 1.4 million People in the EU Will Become Cancer Victims in 2019