CNN Travel: Plovdiv is One of the Most Fascinating Places in Europe
Plovdiv is one of the most impressive places to visit in Europe according to the CNN Travel rating. Together with 17 other places, including Lisbon, Athens, Wroclaw and Dusseldorf, the town under the hills is presented as a key destination for cultural tourism and entertainment.
"The second largest city in Bulgaria - Plovdiv, will be the European Capital of Culture in 2019 together with the Italian city of Matera. An exhibition of fragments of the Berlin Wall is scheduled to mark the 30th anniversary of its fall. The Swing Dance Festival will also be held, "CNN said.
"In addition to the program's events, Plovdiv charms its visitors at any time of the year. The well-preserved Antique Theater, dating back to the 2nd century, is one of the most valuable finds in the whole of Eastern Europe, and the cobblestone streets of the Old City and its colorful houses will make you lov it, "says the report.
The original text of the article can be found HERE.
- » 4 Flights From Sofia Airport to Frankfurt and Hamburg Are Canceled Due to the Strikes
- » Daily Mail: Sunny Beach in Bulgaria Sees off Marmaris and the Algarve to be Named the Best Value Tourist Hot Spot for Brits in 2019
- » Bulgaria has been Named the Cheapest Place to Go on Holiday for the Second Year Running
- » The Guardian: Brexit Brings Surprise Boost for Bulgarian Resorts
- » Flights Have Been Canceled in Germany Due to Bad Weather
- » Security Staff Strike at 3 German Airports