Gunman Kills at Least Four People in French Christmas Market
A gunman killed at least four people and wounded 11 others near a Christmas market in the French border city of Strasbourg on Tuesday evening before being cornered by police, Reuters reports.
The motive was not immediately clear but, with France still on high alert after a wave of attacks commissioned or inspired by Islamic State militants since early 2015, the counter-terrorism prosecutor opened an investigation.
Some two hours after the attack, elite police cornered the suspect and shots were fired, a source close to the operation said. French media reported the assailant was holed up in a store on the Rue Epinal.
- » Bulgaria Busts Key Migrant Smuggling Ring
- » The Police Detained a Man Waving a Gun at a Cafe in the Center of Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria Breaks up illegal Immigrant Smuggling Gang
- » Teacher from Rousse was Sentenced to Eight Years in Prison for Sexually Assaulting Schoolgirls
- » Sofia Police Detain a Man who Forcibly Dragged a 15-year-old in his Car
- » Police in Boris Johnson's Home after a Scandal