American Promoter was Arrested for Appropriation of $ 750,000 for a Charity Concert in Bulgaria
American promoter was arrested on suspicion of having appropriated $ 750,000 for a charity concert for homeless children in Bulgaria, AP said, referring to the prosecutor's office.
Robin Di Maggio, a drummer and former music director of the United Nations and a music show, may be charged with financial fraud.
Di Maggio received $ 750,000 after agreeing to help the Peace For You Peace For Me Foundation to organize a charity concert in Bulgaria. But instead of transferring money to musicians, he spent them for personal needs, even buying a house for his ex-wife.
If he is found guilty, Di Maggio may be sentenced to up to 20 years in prison. In his career as a drummer, he has been involved in recording albums by Paul Simon and Diana Ross, AP notes.
- » Bulgarian Customs Officials Seized 7200 Liters of Alcohol in Cans Packaged as Coconut Milk
- » One Killed and Several Injured in a Shooting inside a Tram in Utrecht
- » The New Zealand Terrorist did not Know Bulgarian Citizens
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Interior Investigates Murder of a Woman in Harmanli
- » Police Detained 27 Illegal Immigrants in Plovdiv
- » The Active User Association Established Imitations of Quality Olive Oil on the Bulgarian Market