American Promoter was Arrested for Appropriation of $ 750,000 for a Charity Concert in Bulgaria
American promoter was arrested on suspicion of having appropriated $ 750,000 for a charity concert for homeless children in Bulgaria, AP said, referring to the prosecutor's office.
Robin Di Maggio, a drummer and former music director of the United Nations and a music show, may be charged with financial fraud.
Di Maggio received $ 750,000 after agreeing to help the Peace For You Peace For Me Foundation to organize a charity concert in Bulgaria. But instead of transferring money to musicians, he spent them for personal needs, even buying a house for his ex-wife.
If he is found guilty, Di Maggio may be sentenced to up to 20 years in prison. In his career as a drummer, he has been involved in recording albums by Paul Simon and Diana Ross, AP notes.
- » Bulgaria Busts Key Migrant Smuggling Ring
- » The Police Detained a Man Waving a Gun at a Cafe in the Center of Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria Breaks up illegal Immigrant Smuggling Gang
- » Teacher from Rousse was Sentenced to Eight Years in Prison for Sexually Assaulting Schoolgirls
- » Sofia Police Detain a Man who Forcibly Dragged a 15-year-old in his Car
- » Police in Boris Johnson's Home after a Scandal