Brown Bear and Her Little One was Shot by Camera in the Area of Vitosha
A bear with her little one was shot in the area of the State hunting site "Vitosha-Studena", reported FOCUS News Agency. The Regional Inspectorate was working on a case related to bear attack over a big beehive located in a private property in the region of the farm, within the limits of Vitosha Nature Park.
The beehives were located in a private property in the hunting area. Experts from the Biodiversity, Protected Areas and Zones Department have identified the damage and have placed photographers. On December 4 and 6, the devices captured the animals.
The brown bear, which is found in Bulgaria, is a protected species included in the Red Book, remind experts.
Although it is a huge animal, actually, Bulgarian bears are quite shy and avoid people, so it’s not a common thing to meet them in the wild. Usually the bear senses his presence from a distance and retires. More dangerous may be meeting with a mother with a little bear, because then she becomes extremely aggressive, protecting her little one.
- » Rare Bird Species Recorded During Wintering Waterbird Count in Bulgaria
- » 10 Incidents with Radioactive Sources Registered in Bulgaria in 2018
- » Warning Issued as Australia's Heat Wave Hits Record Highs
- » Hurricane Wind Damages Buildings and Cut off Power Lines in Sopot
- » Code Yellow Warning for Strong Winds in Place for 18 Bulgarian Regions
- » Mostly Sunshine Today in Bulgaria, Temperatures will Rise to between 3° and 8°C