The EP will Call Again for the Accession of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen
The European Parliament will adopt a new resolution next week, calling on Bulgaria and Romania to be admitted to Schengen as soon as possible. This was announced by the EP after the draft agenda of the last MEP session in Strasbourg last year, reports Darik.
The resolution is non-legislative and calls on the EU Council to take a swift and positive decision on the accession of the two countries to the borderless border area. The EP supported the accession of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen in June 2011 and confirmed its position several times.
Bulgaria and Romania partially apply the Schengen rules, the EP notes. The final decision for the two sides to become part of the space must be taken unanimously in the EU Council.
- » Bulgarian Women are Last in Europe in Terms of Participation and Skills in the Digital Sector
- » The EP Will Vote on a Resolution on the Accession of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen
- » MEP: It Would be Wise to End Clock Change in 2020
- » BNB Governor: The Adoption of the Euro will not Generate Unhealthy Inflationary Impulses in Bulgaria
- » 113 Bulgarian Municipalities will Receive Vouchers for Free Internet from the EU
- » Eurostat: Sofia Airport is on the 63nd Position Among the 150 Airports in the EU