Bulgaria Has Not Received Information About Increased NATO Presence in Black Sea
''We have not received any information that the USA intends to sail more warships into the Black Sea in connection with the situation in Ukraine'', Bulgaria’s Deputy Premier and Minister of Defense Krasimir Karakachanov announced, quoted by the Bulgarian National Radio.
''Warships of Non-Black Sea powers may not remain in the Black Sea longer than 21 days, the Montreux Convention reads. The truth is that in the past twelve months the presence of NATO ships in the Black Sea was held on rotation principle. We have not been informed about extraordinary requests to Bulgaria and the Bulgarian Navy'', Minister Karakachanov said.
Earlier CNN announced that the USA began the necessary preparations to sail a warship into the Black Sea “in response to Russia’s actions against Ukraine in Kerch Strait”
- » Sweden Offers to Bulgaria 10 Gripen Fighters for BGN 1.8 Billion
- » Bulgarian PM: New F16 is Much Better than Any Other Aircraft Offered
- » Bulgaria Invests in its T-72 Tanks
- » Atlantic Council of Bulgaria Voiced a Position on the Acquisition of a New Type of Combat Aircraft
- » Bulgarian Minister of Defence: Four Countries Fund Radical Islam in Bulgaria
- » A Bulgarian Team Participates in the Largest NATO Cyber Defense Drill