Official: Bulgaria will not Join the UN Pact on Migration
Bulgaria has refrained from joining the Global Pact on Safe, Regulated and Regular Migration, the government decided. Our country will not participate with its official representatives at the Intergovernmental Conference to Adopt the Pact, to be held in Morocco on 10 and 11 December.
The cabinet also decided to vote on a resolution in the UN General Assembly to endorse the already adopted pact, the UN Permanent Representative to the UN to vote in absentia. According to the government's decision at this stage, the government believes that non-accession to the Pact fully protects the interests of the country and its citizens.
Our country will continue to implement existing human rights obligations already under way and will undertake strengthened national border controls.
- » Тhe Government Decided to Stop Working on the 'National Strategy For the Child'
- » Parliament Adopted a Bill for the Bulgarian Oilseed Rose
- » Bulgarian Road Agency: Trucks over 12 Tonnes will be Banned from Motorways in Peak Hours
- » Bulgarian MPs Adopt Amendments to Measures Against Money Laundering Act at First Reading
- » The Bulgarian State will Give BGN 7.5 Million to UNWE
- » Bulgarian Border Police: Heavy Outbound Traffic at Lesovo and Ruse