Today is the International Day of People with Disabilities
On December 3rd we mark the International Day of People with Disabilities. Its purpose is to constantly motivate the institutions to take more effective action to ensure that people with disabilities have access to public spaces, education and work.
Globally, about 15% of the world's population or more than 1 billion people have some form of disability. In Bulgaria, according to the National Statistical Institute (NSI) data, nearly half a million Bulgarians receive various forms of state assistance and support due to permanent disabilities and reduced working capacity.
Over 10,000 of them are children.
- » Interesting Folklore Programme and Authentic Recipes for the Visitors to the Yoghurt Festival in Western Bulgaria
- » Only 40% of Bulgarians Consider Vaccines as Safe
- » Pandas in the Zoo in Moscow Listen to Putin's Voice
- » Chinese Scientists Explore the Mariana Trough
- » NIMH: Sunny Weather, Maximum Temperatures Between 27°C and 32°C
- » Francofolies Blagoevgrad Festival Attracts Attention in Bulgaria and Abroad