Today is the International Day of People with Disabilities
On December 3rd we mark the International Day of People with Disabilities. Its purpose is to constantly motivate the institutions to take more effective action to ensure that people with disabilities have access to public spaces, education and work.
Globally, about 15% of the world's population or more than 1 billion people have some form of disability. In Bulgaria, according to the National Statistical Institute (NSI) data, nearly half a million Bulgarians receive various forms of state assistance and support due to permanent disabilities and reduced working capacity.
Over 10,000 of them are children.
- » Bulgarian MRS: There is still Danger of Avalanches
- » More than 460 Schools and Kindergartens in Bulgaria Remain Closed due to the Flu
- » Stones Hurled into Central Synagogue in Sofia (Photo)
- » World's 26 Richest own Same as Poorest Half of Humanity
- » Cloudy Weather Today Across the Country, Slight Chance For Rain
- » National Hugging Day: Five Scientific Facts About Hugging