INFLATION UP BY 0.3%
Business | September 13, 2001, Thursday // 00:00
The August inflation rate increased with 0.3%, data released by the National Statistics Institute /NII/ showed. The prices have gone up by 0.9% since the beginning of this year, which is 8.7% more in comparison with last year`s period. In August food prices dropped by an average of 0.7%. Prices of poultry, pharmaceuticals hospital services and periodicals increased. Industrial sales increased by 3.9% for the first seven months of the year, the National Statistics Institute also announced. The increase resulted from a 8.6% rise in sales of electricity and heating, gas fuels and water. The processing industry posted a 3.7% rise, while mining receipts dropped 6.6%. The NSI reports a 2% rise in the production volumes between January and July. Net sale receipts in trade, car repairs and household goods exceeded BGN 12,393 M for the first seven months of the year, up 1.6% compared to the year-ago period. Net sale receipts stood at BGN 2,008 M in July, up 11.2% month on month and 2% year on year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has Managed to Reduce Gas Demand by a record 24%
- » Bulgaria: Revenue Growth of nearly 13%
- » Vestbee launches New Program to Support Cleantech Startups
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Next Year the Minimum Wage should become BGN 940
- » Trump: I will be Arrested on Tuesday! Go out to Protest!
- » Despite the High Prices of Eggs in Bulgaria - They are Still the Cheapest in the EU