Women in Bulgaria Earn 14% Less than Men
This was reported by The Confederation of Independent Trade Unions of Bulgaria (CITUB) on the Equal Pay Day between men and women. According to the union, 44 percent of women in Bulgaria live at risk of poverty.
The statistics show that the ladies are concentrated in low-paid sectors, where the average wage is between BGN 670 and BGN 900, with an average salary of BGN 1135.
According to CITUB data, women find it harder to realize their desired profession, especially mothers of young children. In this regard, the union will insist on introducing tax breaks for companies investing in kindergartens, day care centers, and green schools.
- » German Flixbus Continues its Expansion in Bulgaria: Connects Plovdiv with Vienna and Budapest
- » The Second-largest Company by Revenue in Bulgaria Gives BGB 202 Million Dividends for 2018
- » Bulgaria to Continue to Rely on Energy from its Coal-fired Power Plants
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: We will be Uncompromising in the Control of Beach Areas
- » The First Successful Test For A 5G Mobile Phone Call Was Carried Out In Hungary
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: Bulgaria as a Member of the EU Strictly Respects the Basic Objectives and Priorities in the Energy Sector