The Local Referendum in Burgas Against the Air Pollution Failed
The Burgas Municipal Council refused to consider the request of the Initiative Committee for conducting a local fresh air referendum, reported NOVA TV.
Two municipal councilors withdrew their signatures. This happened before the meeting on Tuesday morning.
Thus, the possibility for the citizens of Burgas to give their opinion has failed. Their reasoning is that the referendum is used for political purposes and will cost too much for Burgas Municipality. With far less money, it is possible to take real steps to resolve the problem of dirty air, according to the Municipality.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 15th Day - Protesters Closed Ten Junctions in Sofia, Thrown Sunflower Seeds and Candy in Front of the Council of Ministers
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 14th Day in a Row Under the Motto "Let’s Block Sofia First and Then the State"
- » 13 Days Protests in Bulgaria: "We Are the Vote of No Confidence"