The Local Referendum in Burgas Against the Air Pollution Failed
The Burgas Municipal Council refused to consider the request of the Initiative Committee for conducting a local fresh air referendum, reported NOVA TV.
Two municipal councilors withdrew their signatures. This happened before the meeting on Tuesday morning.
Thus, the possibility for the citizens of Burgas to give their opinion has failed. Their reasoning is that the referendum is used for political purposes and will cost too much for Burgas Municipality. With far less money, it is possible to take real steps to resolve the problem of dirty air, according to the Municipality.
- » The First Wave of Layoffs in the Bulgarian State Administration Covers 1,600 People, Whole Units will be Closed
- » Bulgaria Repatriates 894 illegal Immigrants in 2018
- » Bulgarian Court Fails to Proceed with Case Against Two Former Ministers and Influential Businessman
- » Deputies Adopted the Social Services Act at First Reading
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister About Brexit: The Government is Ready For All Options
- » Tobacco Factory in Blagoevgrad Stopped Working Leaving 200 People Without Jobs