Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov is on a working visit to Turkey
Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov is on a working visit to Ankara at the invitation of his Turkish counterpart, Mehmet Akardja, the press center of the prosecutor's office said, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
The main topics of discussion between the two countries are cooperation in criminal matters and the fight against organized crime.
Sotir Tsatsarov and Mehmet Akardja will also discuss the idea of setting up a Consultative Forum of Prosecutors General from the Balkan countries. The format aims to stimulate and improve co-operation between them through regular meetings and exchange of good practices.
The Bulgarian delegation's program also includes meetings with Turkey's Minister of Justice Abdullah Gül and the President of the Supreme Court of Appeal, İsmail Rüştü Cirit.
This is the fourth meeting between the chief prosecutors of Bulgaria and Turkey, after a Cooperation Agreement was signed between the Prosecutor's Office of the two countries in June 2014.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus
- » The Presidents of Bulgaria and Romania Rumen Radev and Klaus Iohannis Discussed the Efficient Supplies of Food and Raw Materials in the Conditions of Crisis
- » The Government has Approved a Program for Supporting Bulgarian Communities Abroad