Bulgaria’s Jobless Rate Increased by 0.3% Month-on-Month to 5.9% at the End of October
Bulgaria’s jobless rate increased by 0.3 percentage points month-on-month to 5.9% at the end of October, the government's Employment Agency said on Thursday, quoted by SeeNews.
A total of 193,499 people were unemployed at the end of October, of which 36,143 newly-registered with labour offices during the month, the Employment Agency said in a statement.
The number of people who found a job in October totalled 18,743.
There were 14,611 registered job vacancies in October. The highest share of vacancies was registered in the manufacturing sector, 29.7% of the total.
Bulgaria, a nation of some 7.1 million, had a total of 3.28 million economically active people in the 15-64 years age bracket in 2017.
- » BDZ Introduces Pre-sale of Tickets For the Weekends Around 3 March
- » Turkish Airlines’ Campaign is the Reason For More Tourist Going to Bulgarian Ski Resorts
- » Bankruptcy due to Brexit: Flybmi Airlines Cancels All Its Flights
- » Russia Wants Long-Term Bulgarian Tourist Visas
- » Annual Inflation in January 2019 Compared to January 2018 Was 3.0%
- » BSMEPA and Sofia Tech Park - Partners in Support of the Bulgarian Business