Eight Allies,Including Bulgaria, Join Forces in Romania for Exercise SCORPIONS FURY 18
Around 1,800 troops from NATO Allies Bulgaria, Canada, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Spain are taking part in the Romania-led exercise SCORPIONS FURY 18 from 5 to 16 November.
This will include computer-assisted training, live-firings and other field training exercises at the Joint National Training Centre in Cincu, Romania.
The exercise aims to certify the South-East Multinational Brigade Headquarters for full capability, by planning and executing a NATO Article 5 operation over assigned forces within a command post exercise.
The South-East Multinational Brigade is part of NATO’s enhanced forward presence in the eastern part of the Alliance and the Black Sea region, as part of NATO’s response to a more challenging security environment. It conducts training, exercises and operations contributing to collective defence of Alliance territory and populations.
- » Bulgaria Expels 95 Foreigners on Security Grounds in 2018
- » The EU Reports a 3-4% Rise in Defense Spending Over the Past Two Years
- » Germany's Intelligence Warns of 'Islamic State' Attacks
- » Moscow Warns of the Deployment of US Nuclear Weapons in Europe
- » Erik Rubin: Bulgaria will Get the most Advanced Aircraft at the best Possible Price
- » Over 1000 Military and 58 War Machines at the Parade on 6 May in Sofia