Bulgarian Parliament to Discuss Stricter Punishments For Domestic Violence
Up to 5 years in prison for psychological harassment and persecution in the context of domestic violence. This includes amendments to the Penal Code that will be discussed in National Assembly today, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
Harassment outside the family will be punished by imprisonment for up to one year or probation.
Among the importers of the bill is the National Assembly President Tsveta Karayancheva. She nnounced that she accepts the fight against domestic violence as a personal cause.
- » The First Wave of Layoffs in the Bulgarian State Administration Covers 1,600 People, Whole Units will be Closed
- » Bulgaria Repatriates 894 illegal Immigrants in 2018
- » Bulgarian Court Fails to Proceed with Case Against Two Former Ministers and Influential Businessman
- » Deputies Adopted the Social Services Act at First Reading
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister About Brexit: The Government is Ready For All Options
- » Tobacco Factory in Blagoevgrad Stopped Working Leaving 200 People Without Jobs