High Prices For Conversations with Other EU Countries Will be Limited
Lower prices for telephone calls between EU countries are proposed by the Parliament in Strasbourg. MEPs will vote on a resolution recommending new rules on telecommunications, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
The law will restrict from 15 May 2019 the cost of telephone calls within the European Union to 19 euro cents per minute for calls and 6 euro cents for messages.
The legislation will better protect smartphone users, including web service users, like some chat programs. The document will also insist on the introduction of high-speed 5G networks and the creation of an Emergency alert system.
- » Pro-European Parties Dominate the New European Parliament
- » Turnout in Eastern Europe Has Increased in Comparison to the European Elections Five Years Ago
- » Polls open in Netherlands and Britain for European Parliament Elections
- » The EC Will Recommend Opening Negotiations with Northern Macedonia and Albania
- » From May 15, the Cost of Telephone Calls in the EU Will be Limited to 19 Cents Per Minute
- » The EC Has Threatened Romania with Art. 7 of the EU Treaty Because of the Rule of Law