Mariya Gabriel: Europe Must Keep People at the Centre of Digital Policy
At a working meeting in Paris, as part of the annual Internet Governance Forum, European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society Mariya Gabriel discussed, with France’s President Emmanuel Macron, European leadership and digital sovereignty, reported the Bulgarian National Radio.
The two stated the position that if Europe keeps people at the centre of its digital policy, it will be able to cope with challenges and be among digital transformation leaders on a global scale.
Mariya Gabriel laid emphasis on the importance of issues such as the fight against disinformation online, personal data protection, digital skills of citizens.
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: The EC Fines us, but it Would be a Treachery to Sell our Gas Pipes
- » European Council Adopts 2019 Catch Limits for Black Sea Fisheries of Bulgaria and Romania
- » Bulgarian Women are Last in Europe in Terms of Participation and Skills in the Digital Sector
- » The EP Will Vote on a Resolution on the Accession of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen
- » MEP: It Would be Wise to End Clock Change in 2020
- » BNB Governor: The Adoption of the Euro will not Generate Unhealthy Inflationary Impulses in Bulgaria