EC Will Present Tomorrow the Progress Reports on Bulgaria and Romania on the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism
The European Commission will present tomorrow the progress reports on Bulgaria and Romania on the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
It is expected that monitoring of the justice system in Bulgaria will drop off within the mandate of this Commission, which expires in October next year. For Romania, however, the expectation is that the observation will remain.
Tomorrow, the European Parliament will vote on a resolution on the state of the rule of law in Romania. Lifting the monitoring of the justice system in Bulgaria will speed up the process of Bulgaria's accession to the Schengen area.
- » Bulgaria is the Worst in the EU Ranking on the Rule of Law for 2018
- » Rights of Bulgarian Citizens in the UK Will Be Guaranteed Even After a Hard Brexit
- » International Companies Awarded Bulgarian Students in Brussels
- » Sales of Diesel Cars Fall Across the EU, Excluding Bulgaria and Estonia
- » The European Commission Again Lowered Bulgaria's Economic Growth Estimate for 2018
- » The Minimum Wage in Bulgaria is 286 Euro, in Luxembourg - 2071 Euro