Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov Meets with Mayors of Small Towns
Prime Minister Boyko Borissov will meet with the mayors of some Bulgarian small towns today.
The decision came after the mayors threatened to come to protest under the windows of the Council of Ministers during the weekend.
However, the Prime Minister invited them to a conversation and the demonstration was canceled.
Mayors protest because the funding of their municipalities is bad and it is not enough for their needs.
They insist each village to have its own budget and municipal mayors are obliged by law to comply with it.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rainy, Another Cold Front Brings Temperatures Down
- » Bulgaria’s First Lady Hospitalized with Cerebral Aneurysm
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Covid Measures Lifted, Indoor Restaurants Open, Children Return to School
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Epidemic Measures Eased – Health Minister
- » Bulgaria: Non-Food Retail Chains Resume Work after Threat to Stage Protests
- » Breaking News: Bulgaria’s PM Boyko Borissov Resigns His Seat in Parliament