European Commission urges Bulgaria to take Swift Measures to Improve Air Quality
The European Commission has warned Bulgaria that it has failed to comply with the ruling of the Court of Justice of the EU on air quality, reported the Bulgarian National Radio.
A year and a half ago the Court ruled that the country is not complying with the limit values for concentration of particulate matter in the atmosphere.
The Commission states it is concerned by the slow pace of change and the lack of a coordinated approach between the environmental authorities and the other authorities concerned at national and local levels. It is giving the country two months to take measures to improve air quality, otherwise it may demand that the Court impose fines.
- » Sunny and Hot Saturday
- » 5 Magnitude Earthquake on the Richter Scale Strikes Japan
- » The Beauty of the Amazon Jungle - The "Lungs of the Earth" (GALLERY)
- » 250 Acres of Oak Forest and Pastures Burned near Vetren
- » Weather Forecasters Warn about Dangerous Rip Currents
- » Macron: Amazonia Fires Are an "International Crisis"