27th Bulgarian Expedition is Leaving for Antarctica
The first group from the 27th Bulgarian Antarctic expedition – a logistics team of eight, plus two biologists - is setting out for the South Pole on 9 November, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
Another three groups of expedition members will leave in December and January. This year their scientific tasks are connected with the study of the aquatoria around the Bulgarian Antarctic base. One of the projects will be to study the colonization processes of seaweed from the South Bay on Livingstone Island (Antarctica), and the other is connected with hydrobiological monitoring of coastal sea water in front of Bulgaria’s Polar base.
- » Cloudy Skies Today, Snow and Rain in Some Areas
- » Today We Celebrate the International Day of Tolerance
- » Snow and Icy Roads in the High Parts of Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Ministry of Education Starts to Train Religious Education Teachers
- » Hockney Sells for USD 90 Million, Sets Living Artist Record
- » Giant Meteorite Crater Bigger Than Paris Found Beneath Greenland’s Ice Sheet