French Oil Giant Total Starts Third Drilling for Gas and Oil off Bulgarian Coast
French oil giant Total and its partners Austria’s OMV and Spain’s Repsol have started drilling a third well in a block off the Bulgarian coast in the Black Sea, Total’s Bulgarian business said on Wednesday, reports Reuters.
It said the drilling will take place on Block 1-21 Han Asparuh, some 107 kilometres east of the Black Sea port of Varna, following two previous drilling campaigns.
“This drilling is a new important moment for our operations in the Black Sea. It demonstrates our commitment to exploring the full hydrocarbon potential of the Han Asparuh Block”, said Kevin Hannaford, General Manager of Total E&P Bulgaria.
Last year Bulgaria’s centre-right government extended its permit for exploration for gas and oil to the Total-led consortium in a bid to end its dependence on Russian natural gas.
- » Bulgarian Mobile Application for Travelers with Remarkable Recognition
- » Bulgarian Farmers Increase the Areas of Cultivated Wheat
- » Over 7,800 Seasonal Workers from non-EU Countries have Worked in Bulgarian Tourism in 2018
- » Today Will Become Clear Whether There Will be an Areement on Brexit in November
- » ''Manager of the Year'' Award Winners Will be Announced Tonight
- » The First Private Hospital in Bulgaria goes on the Bulgarian Stock Exchange