Bulgarian Energy Minister: Procedure for Investor Selection for Belene NPP is Nearly Ready
The procedure for the selection of an investor for the Belene NPP project has been developed, some minor details still need refinement, Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova told reporters after taking part in a meeting of the Energy Security Council at the Council of Ministers, Focus News Agency has reported.
If the Council of Ministers and the Parliament make no major recommendations or adjustments, there is no obstacle to launch the procedure by the end of this year, the minister said, adding that a procedure of this type usually takes months.
The parliament set October 31 as the deadline for the energy minister to develop the selection procedure and propose project structuring. In response to a question, the minister said there were no new candidates for the project.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s “Kozloduy” NPP reports a record BGN 717.5 Million Profit for the First Nine Months
- » Europe: The Conditions for a Cold Winter with High Gas Prices are Set
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas Price could Rise by about 3% in December
- » Five Neighborhoods in Sofia Without Heating and Hot Water until Tomorrow Night
- » Bulgaria: Additional Financial Assistance for Heating will be Provided
- » China is Increasing Coal Production. Calls on the Population to Stock Up on Food