Russian Dies After His Explosive Device Detonates Inside FSB Building
A man has been killed by an explosive device that he brought inside the building of the Federal Security Service (FSB) in Russia's northwestern city of Arkhangelsk, authorities say, quoted by rferl.org
The National Counterterrorism Committee (NAK) said the explosive device detonated when the man, whose identity remains unknown, took it out of his bag inside the building on October 31.
The man died and three FSB employees were injured by the blast, the NAK told Russian news agencies.
The governor of the Arkhangelsk region, Igor Orlov, told reporters earlier that the investigators were working to find out the identity of the victim and the type of the explosive device.
Orlov also said the authorities were boosting security measures at all public offices after the attack.
The NAK said earlier that people inside the building were evacuated after the deadly explosion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Large-Scale Protest of the Opposition Will Take Place in Moscow
- » 26 Independent Candidates Enter the Moscow Parliament
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement
- » Vladimir Putin is on a Working Visit to Italy
- » Putin: The EU Has Lost Nearly 5 Times More Than Russia For 5 Years of Sanctions Against It
- » At Least 37 Confirmed Dead After Explosion in Block of Flats in Eastern Russia