Bird Flu Registered in Farm Near Plodiv
Bird flu has been registered in a farm in the village of Bogdanitsa, Sadovo municipality, according to bTV.
The case was confirmed yesterday. 39,000 laying hens will be culled and accordingly buried to prevent any spread of the disease.
The farm will be disinfected and the owners – compensated.
A 3 km safety zone is defined, which includes the villages of Bogdanitsa, Ahmatovo and Seltsi from the municipality of Sadovo. There is also a 10-km observation area.
Restrictions on poultry trade are in place in those areas.
- » Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Sets Additional Measures to Prevent and Eradicate Bird Flu
- » Kiril Ananiev: The Modernization of Emergency Aid is a Top Priority in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Health Minister Signs Contracts For Delivery of 280 New Ambulances
- » World Diabetes Day: How is the Disease Caused?
- » Bulgaria Ranked Highest in Europe in Consumption of Mass and Cheap Antibiotics
- » Nutritionists Have Identified the Most Beneficial For Health Foods