Bulgarian Trips Abroad Increase 11% YoY in September 2018
In September 2018, Bulgarians made 633,400 trips abroad, 11% more than in the same month last year, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) said. An increase was registered in the trips to Turkey, Romania, Serbia, Germany, Greece and Macedonia.
Compared with September 2017, an increase was registered in all monitored types of trips: holiday and recreation trips rose by 13.4%, followed by work trips and those with other purposes, with an increase by 11.1% and 9.1%, respectively. The trips with other purposes (guest visits, education, cultural and sport events) represented 44.5% of all trips abroad, followed by holiday and recreation, with 34.9%, and work trips, with 20.6%.
- » Tourism Minister: The Summer for Bulgarian Tourism will Be Challenging
- » Sofia Airport Grows Passenger Traffic with 5.2% this February
- » Bulgaria’s Black Sea Hotels and Restaurants Seek to Hire Seasonal Workers
- » Foreign Tourists in Varna During the Winter - Mainly Romanians, Israelis, Germans and Turks
- » About 70 000 Bulgarians Chose Holiday Cruises for their Vacation
- » China's Jiangxi Province Promotes Culture, Tourism in Bulgaria