Bulgarian Trips Abroad Increase 11% YoY in September 2018
In September 2018, Bulgarians made 633,400 trips abroad, 11% more than in the same month last year, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) said. An increase was registered in the trips to Turkey, Romania, Serbia, Germany, Greece and Macedonia.
Compared with September 2017, an increase was registered in all monitored types of trips: holiday and recreation trips rose by 13.4%, followed by work trips and those with other purposes, with an increase by 11.1% and 9.1%, respectively. The trips with other purposes (guest visits, education, cultural and sport events) represented 44.5% of all trips abroad, followed by holiday and recreation, with 34.9%, and work trips, with 20.6%.
- » Yambol Municipality is Working to Create an Integrated Tourism Product
- » Tourism Minister: Bulgaria and Greece Partner in Joint Projects to Attract Tourists from Distant Markets to the Balkans
- » International Congress on World Civilizations, Historic Routes Kicks off in Bulgaria
- » Over 7,800 Seasonal Workers from non-EU Countries have Worked in Bulgarian Tourism in 2018
- » Over 340,000 Tourists From Great Britain have Visited Bulgaria Since the Beginning of the Year
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescue Service: Mountain Travellers Should Start Using Winter Gear