Arrests in the Agency for Bulgarians Abroad
This morning in three cities in the country officials of the State Agency for the Bulgarians Abroad (ARBD) were arrested due to suspicion of making fake documents and receiving bribes, the prosecution announced. About 20 people are detained, including mediators.
Among the arrested according to unconfirmed information is the chairman of the agency Petar Haralampiev. However, neither the prosecutor's office nor the MoI confirm or deny his detention.
Besides Sofia site inspections are also carried out in Kyustendil and Pleven.
The signal on which the investigation began is for illegally issued Bulgarian documents for several thousand euros.
In the building of the Agency in Sofia, besides the MoI teams and the prosecutor's office, there are officials from the Anti-Corruption Commission.
- » Bulgarian Court Fails to Proceed with Case Against Two Former Ministers and Influential Businessman
- » Deputies Adopted the Social Services Act at First Reading
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister About Brexit: The Government is Ready For All Options
- » Tobacco Factory in Blagoevgrad Stopped Working Leaving 200 People Without Jobs
- » Mayor of Sofia: 30 New Buses Launched along Routes 72 and 84
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects BSP’s Proposals Against Double Standards in Food