GERB and UP will Hold Coalition Meeting at Council of Ministers
A coalition meeting between GERB and United Patriots is expected at the Council of Ministers today. The coalition partners will discuss the situation amid the demand by the mothers of children with disabilities for resignation of Deputy Prime Minister Valeri Simeonov and tensions within the coalition, reports Focus News Agency.
A United Patriots meeting was held on Tuesday, not attended by Ataka leader Volen Siderov. After the meeting, it became clear that Deputy Prime Minister Simeonov would not resign despite public discontent.
According to Deputy Prime Minister Krasimir Karakachanov, a resignation at the moment would mean overthrowing the government and returning MRF and BSP to power, which he said was not a solution.
The reason for the mothers’ anger are Simeonov’s remarks that they were a bunch of loudmouths and their children – allegedly ill. His words caused protests across the country with a demand for his resignation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Budget 2021: National Health Insurance Fund Wil have BGN 5,3 Billion
- » Bulgarian Lawmakers Vote Final Parameters of Budget 2021
- » Trump Has Agreed on Transition of Power to Biden
- » Council of Europe with Heavy Critics over GERB's Draft of New Constitution
- » Extraordinary Measures: Bulgaria Proposes Lockdown, Closes Schools, Restaurants, Malls
- » Putin is Unable to Recognize Biden as US President