Bulgaria Set to Participate in NATO Mission Iraq
The Bulgarian government reached a resolution to participate in the NATO Mission Iraq (NMI) which was recently inaugurated, reports MENAFN.
Bulgaria is willing to join the NMI with as much as four servicemen of the Armed Forces alongside their personal weapons and equipment.
According to a cabinet statement, "the inclusion of Bulgaria in the NMI is a practical expression of our contribution to the NATO's efforts in the fight against terrorism and in the preparation and capacity building of Iraqi security forces and institutions."
The statement added that the NMI was introduced in July to act as a non-violent mission which focuses on training and capacity building in Iraq.
- » The EU Allocates More than Half a Billion Euros for Defense Projects
- » US Secret Service will Train Bulgarian Teams
- » BOMB SIGNAL: Authorities Evacuated the Bus Station And the Train Station in Sofia
- » AFTER THE TERRORIST ATTACK IN NEW ZEALAND: Is There a Threat to Our National Security?
- » Bulgaria is Spending 1.43% of GDP on Defense
- » Bulgaria is Expected to Get the First Two F-16 Fighters Up to 4 Years