Three Dead as Strong Earthquake Hits Indonesia
An earthquake Thursday killed three people in Indonesia and rattled hotels where IMF delegates are attending a major summit, a fortnight after a quake-tsunami killed more than 2,000 elsewhere in the archipelago.
The 6.0-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Indonesia's Bali and Java islands in the early hours, jolting residents awake and sending them rushing into the streets.
Some attendees in Bali for the International Monetary Fund and World Bank annual meetings this week evacuated their hotels as the quake shook the island.
"I felt the quake for at least 30 seconds and I panicked. At first I didn't want to go out but then I decided to leave," Katharina Sudiyono, an Indonesian attendee at the summit, told AFP.
- » More Sun in West Bulgaria, Rain in some Eastern Areas
- » The Bulgarian Environment Ministry will Publish Programme for Improving Air Quality
- » Broken Clouds over most of the Country, Light Rain in East Bulgaria
- » Light Rain can be Expected in East Bulgaria in the Afternoon, Highs between 20° and 25°C
- » Water Levels are Critically Low Along the Danube, Ships Run Aground
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Temperatures up to 20-25°C