400 Thousand Bulgarians are Working but Remain Poor
Some 400 thousand Bulgarians are working poor, and over 1.7 million people have an income under BGN 600. The data was presented by Galab Donev, Secretary of Social Policy and Health of President Rumen Radev, at the beginning of a round table on poverty and inequalities under the auspices of the head of state, Focus News Agency reports. “Over 1.7 million Bulgarians have an income under BGN 600, while the cost of living for this year is BGN 585, as estimated by the Institute for Social and Trade Union Studies at CITUB. The minimum wage is BGN 510. More than 2.3 million Bulgarians, or 88% of the population, receive income of up to BGN 1,000 a month. About 400,000 Bulgarians have average income between BGN 1,000 and 2,000 a month, which according to our standards is middle class. Another 400,000 Bulgarians do work but are poor – the so-called working poor. Their income is below the poverty line,” said Galab Donev.
- » Interesting Folklore Programme and Authentic Recipes for the Visitors to the Yoghurt Festival in Western Bulgaria
- » Only 40% of Bulgarians Consider Vaccines as Safe
- » Pandas in the Zoo in Moscow Listen to Putin's Voice
- » Chinese Scientists Explore the Mariana Trough
- » NIMH: Sunny Weather, Maximum Temperatures Between 27°C and 32°C
- » Francofolies Blagoevgrad Festival Attracts Attention in Bulgaria and Abroad