Bulgarian Regulator to Look at IBEX on Complaints About Major Power Price Changes
Sofia. IBEX (Independent Bulgarian Energy Exchange) will be inspected because of recent complaints about major changes in the price of electricity, particularly in the short-term segment, Energy and Water Regulatory Commission Chair Ivan Ivanov told reporters, quoted by Focus News Agency. One of the complaints came from an employer association, which asked the regulator to check for any violation of the rules, Ivanov said. The commission is indeed starting a preliminary investigation, he announced. The working group has 3 months to present its report, based on which the regulator will decide whether to open an investigation. The working group will examine any market manipulation or attempted manipulation as well as insider trading.
- » Additional BGN 40 milion will be Allocated to Help Bulgarians with Energy Bills
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: Maritsa Iztok-2 TPP will Get Money to Pay Carbon Emission Quota
- » Azerbaijan to Deliver 1/3 of Bulgaria’s Gas Demand
- » Fuel at Gas Stations in Bulgaria and EU with New Labels
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Energy will Prepare National Position on Summertime Arrangements
- » Energy Regulator: No Change in Power Price in Bulgaria before the End of the Year