Bulgarian Regulator to Look at IBEX on Complaints About Major Power Price Changes
Sofia. IBEX (Independent Bulgarian Energy Exchange) will be inspected because of recent complaints about major changes in the price of electricity, particularly in the short-term segment, Energy and Water Regulatory Commission Chair Ivan Ivanov told reporters, quoted by Focus News Agency. One of the complaints came from an employer association, which asked the regulator to check for any violation of the rules, Ivanov said. The commission is indeed starting a preliminary investigation, he announced. The working group has 3 months to present its report, based on which the regulator will decide whether to open an investigation. The working group will examine any market manipulation or attempted manipulation as well as insider trading.
- » Bulgaria will Open Talks with Gazprom on Reducing the Price of Natural Gas
- » Bulgarian Energy Regulator: We are Inspectig the Deal between CEZ and Eurohold
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Electricity Company Resigned
- » The Ministry of Energy and the KEWR Support the Creation of a Natural Gas Exchange in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister Will Attend a High-Level Energy Summit in Belgrade
- » First American Liquefied Gas for Bulgaria