F-16 Block 72 Known as Viper Has Been Offered to Bulgaria
SOFIA, Bulgaria (BulgarianMilitary.com), 19 September 2018, Author: Boyko Nikolov, Photo credit: Pixabay
The U.S. concern and one of the biggest manufacturers of military equipment in the world – Lockheed Martin made its presentation on 18th Septemeber at Arena di Serdica Boutique Hotel in Sofia, and offered to the Bulgarian Government the purchase of the F-16 Block 72 fighter, known as Viper, learned BulgarianMilitary.com
The event was organized by the Atlantic Club of Bulgaria, the chairman of which is Dr. Solomon Passy and with the assistance of Mrs. Kalinka Kovacheva, who is a representative of Lockheed Martin for Bulgaria and Macedonia.
The senior manager at the U.S. company James Robins announced that the company is ready to offer to the Bulgarian Government systems, simulators and service till the end of their life cycle. We shall remind that the F-16 Block 72 fighter in question is fourth generation with renovated radar and information systems operating in real time, systems protecting the aircraft against crash on the land, systems following the life cycle of the pilot and saving him/her in case of loss of consciousness, as well as systems with big range of operation and accuracy of the firearms. The aircraft of 5th generation – F-22 and F-35 – are equipped with the same system integrations, which turn the F-16 Block 72 into an aircraft of 4+ generation.
- » Bulgaria Considers to Replace Russian MiG-29s With F-16 Jets
- » Sweden Offers to Bulgaria 10 Gripen Fighters for BGN 1.8 Billion
- » Bulgarian PM: New F16 is Much Better than Any Other Aircraft Offered
- » Bulgaria Invests in its T-72 Tanks
- » Bulgaria Has Not Received Information About Increased NATO Presence in Black Sea
- » Atlantic Council of Bulgaria Voiced a Position on the Acquisition of a New Type of Combat Aircraft