Iran Beat Bulgaria at FIVB World Championship
Iran earned their second win in a row at the 2018 FIVB Men’s World Championship Thursday night.
The Iranian team defeated the hosts 3-1 (25-22, 25-20, 22-25, 25-19) and got level on points with world champions Poland at the top of Pool D.
Team Melli had started the campaign with a 3-0 victory over Puerto Rico on Wednesday.
Mohammadjavad Manavinezhad led the winners in scoring with 21. Mohammad Mousavi and Amir Ghafour each added 11.
Todor Skrimov was top scorer for Bulgaria with 17 but only one in the final set as he played through an ankle injury.
Iran will face Cuba on Saturday.
- » Joshua Overpowers Povetkin to Retain World Heavyweight Titles
- » Turkish Fencer Scores Gold Medal in Bulgaria
- » Rough Defeat for Bulgarian Volleyball, but still Hold an 14-12 All-time Advantage over US Men
- » ALLIANZ TO BECOME WORLDWIDE OLYMPIC INSURANCE PARTNER
- » Kenyan Marathon Master Kipchoge Smashes World Record
- » Bulgaria and Italy End Russian Dominance on Final Day of Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships