Bulgaria Inflation Holds Steady In August
Bulgaria’s consumer price inflation remained stable in August, after accelerating in the previous three months, figures from the National Statistical Institute showed Thursday.
Inflation came in at 3.5 percent in August, the same rate as in July. Consumer prices have been rising since December 2016.
Prices of food and non-alcoholic beverages grew 2.9 percent annually in August and utility costs rose by 4.8 percent. Meanwhile, clothing and footwear prices dropped 1.5 percent.
On a monthly basis, consumer prices edged up 0.1 percent from July, when it gained by 0.7 percent.
The EU measure of inflation, or HICP, increased 3.7 percent annually and by 0.3 percent monthly in August.
The material has been provided by InstaForex Company – www.instaforex.com
- » The State Provides Sofia's Emergency Hospital Pirogov BGN 4.36 Million for Modernization
- » Bulgarian National Bank Releases New 100 BGN Banknote (Video)
- » The Trams on Graf Ignatiev will be Launched on December 20
- » Ticket Prices for the Zoo in Sofia may Increase
- » Bulgarian Government Will Discuss a New Minimum Wage For the Country Today
- » President Radev Vetoes Amendments to Penal Code