Bulgaria Inflation Holds Steady In August
Bulgaria’s consumer price inflation remained stable in August, after accelerating in the previous three months, figures from the National Statistical Institute showed Thursday.
Inflation came in at 3.5 percent in August, the same rate as in July. Consumer prices have been rising since December 2016.
Prices of food and non-alcoholic beverages grew 2.9 percent annually in August and utility costs rose by 4.8 percent. Meanwhile, clothing and footwear prices dropped 1.5 percent.
On a monthly basis, consumer prices edged up 0.1 percent from July, when it gained by 0.7 percent.
The EU measure of inflation, or HICP, increased 3.7 percent annually and by 0.3 percent monthly in August.
The material has been provided by InstaForex Company – www.instaforex.com
- » The Police Begins Checking all Guest Houses in Bulgaria Built with EU Funds
- » Bulgarian Parliament will be Voting on Important Changes
- » After 14 Years the Fountain of Slaveikov Square in Sofia is Working Again (Video)
- » Tomorrow Bulgarian PM Borisov will Meet with the Management of the UNWE
- » Testing Begins for Trains in the Third Line of Sofia Underground
- » 75% of Young People in Europe Can Not Distinguish Fake From Real News