49 Gamblers Turn Millionaires in 2017 in Bulgaria
National Revenue Agency (NRA) of Bulgaria has reported that 49 gamblers in the country became millionaires in 2017 alone. The agency has also stated that the total winnings from gambling received Bulgarian gamblers in 2017 amounted to BGN 627 million.
The report also indicates that as many as 13,447 Bulgarian gamblers have won more than 5,000 BGN last year.
The biggest winning was 9,815,422 BGN, and the game is not specified. The second biggest winning amounted to BGN 7.9 million, the third place was 5.7 million BGN. The other TOP 10 winners of the ranking have won from 4 to 5 million levs, the NRA reports. A total of 49 Bulgarians have become millionaires due to gambling last year with their winnings over 1 mln BGN.
80 Bulgarians have won between BGN 500,000 and BGN 1 million. Most gamblers, 12,395 people were lucky to receive winnings between BGN 5,000 and BGN 100,000.
The NRA statistics is not segmented by type of gambling because such information was not collected. However, it is clear from the tax agency data that the biggest winning was paid by companies which are the lottery operators.
The National Lottery has paid more than 5,000 levs to 6,209 people, according to official data from the NRA. Eurobet has provided such prizes to 259 people, New Games reported about 672 winners.
Since the lottery operators are required by law to pay out at least 50 per cent of the value of the bets, it can be concluded that turnover of lotteries is about BGN 1 billion in Bulgaria.
Source: E-PLAY Online
- » The EU Presidency has Led to a 21% Increase in Average Overnight Stays in 4 and 5-Star Hotels in Sofia
- » Sofia Hosts a Regional Conference on the Violence Against Children
- » Kubrat Pulev: The Sexual Harassment Course Is Influencing Me, Please Do Not Offend Sushe
- » Max Wright, Who Played the Father in the 80s Cult Sitcom Alf, Dies
- » The European Cybersecurity Act Enters into Force Today
- » Europe Is Preparing Itself for the Day of the Dreadful Heat