New Ukrainian Ambassador Begins Diplomatic Mission in Bulgaria
"During the meeting, the Bulgarian side confirmed the unchanged position on maintaining the state sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, EU integration and Euro-Atlantic aspirations of our state, the policy of continuing the EU's sanctions regime against the Russian Federation," the statement reads.
According to the embassy, special attention was paid to the development of the Ukrainian-Bulgarian political dialogue, as well as trade and economic cooperation.
The Bulgarian side also expressed gratitude to Ukraine for satisfying the rights of ethnic Ukrainian Bulgarians, preserving their linguistic and national identity, which in turn contributes to the strengthening of an independent Ukraine.
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on July 13 issued a decree appointing Moskalenko Ukraine's ambassador to Bulgaria.
From 2011 until his appointment as ambassador to Bulgaria, Moskalenko held the post of Ukraine's consul general in Rostov-on-Don.
- » Serbian Politician: Bulgarian Intelligence Officers Hinder Agreement with Kosovo
- » New Balkan Diplomatic Scandal Involving Bulgarian PM Borisov
- » 46 out 48 Projects Successfully Completed Within the Cooperation between Bulgaria and Macedonia
- » New over € 5 million will be Invested in the Border Region Between Bulgaria and Northern Macedonia
- » PM Borissov Expects Chinese Investments in the "Green" Economy of Bulgaria
- » PM Boyko Borissov Held a Meeting with a Delegation from China